Il GiornaleIl Giornale is The Columbus Citizens Foundation quarterly journal containing news and announcements about the foundation. Below you can find copies of past journals to download.
Il Giornale Spring 2013 (7699 KB)
- In this edition: Columbus Celebration 2012, parade and gala highlights, unique face-to-face art installation with the Columbus circle monument, the value of a scholarship, letters of thanks from recipients, the importance of maintaining your will, Speakers Bureau guests, and $250,000 for service members' health with the Intrepid Fallen Heroes Fund.
- In this edition: Columbus Celebration 2011, Revisiting Millennium High School, Trip to Earthquake Ravaged L'Aquila, Letter from the Minister of Foreign Affairs, 150th Anniversary of the Unification of Italy, Introducing the 2012 Grand Marshal.
- In this edition: Columbus Celebration 2010, Letter from the Mayor of Rome, Spotlight: Alfred DeMaria & Anthony Mallardi, AP Italian Reinstated, Navigating New Construction Deals with John Desiderio.
- In this edition: Battle for Italian Language Education, Maria Bartiromo, 2010 Grand Marshal, Honorees Frank Bisignano and Jason DeSena Trennert, Medical Advisory Committee
- In this edition: Columbus Celebration 2009, Columbus Day’s 100th Anniversary, Frank G. Fusaro Elected President of Foundation
- In this edition: New Executive Director, David Iommarini, Columbus Celebration — Kenneth Langone, Grand Marshal; Honorees — Frank A. Corvino and Ronald J. Ferrelli, Veneto Exhibit – Grand Central Terminal, Ballo di Primavera 2009
- In this edition: The US Navy's Great White Fleet; Americans Come to the Rescue of Messina Earthquake Victims; Admiral Giambastiani, Grand Marshal; Kara DioGuardi to Perform at Gala; Honoree Joseph Plumeri; Dr. Thomas P. Sculco Professor and Surgeon-in-Chief; Joseph Tusiani Poet, Translator, Humanist.
- In this edition: Zeffirelli at the Met; Pasquale Basile's donation to the Foundation; Justice Alito denounces "Sopranos;" Lidia Bastianich and Angelo Vivolo serve His Holiness; "Why We Should Study Italian" by Matilda and Margaret Cuomo.