Media and Press
Latest News & Press Releases
November 22, 2013 (196 KB)
October 30, 2013 (153 KB)
- Columbus Citizens Foundation Presents Cardinal Dolan with Donation In Support of Campaign to Restore St. Patrick’s Cathedral.
October 14, 2013 (98 KB)
- Columbus Citizens Foundation to Make Donation in Support of Campaign to Restore St. Patrick’s Cathedral
October 11, 2013 (116 KB)
- Government shutdown forces West Point Marching Band to skip Columbus Day Parade
September 17, 2013 (131 KB)
- New York City’s 69th Annual Columbus Day Parade
July 1, 2013 (103 KB)
- Joseph Perella to be Grand Marshal of New York City’s 69th Annual Columbus Day Parade
May 31, 2012 (45 KB)
- Members of the Columbus Citizens Foundation commemorated the organization’s donation of $250,000 to the Intrepid Fallen Heroes Fund aboard the U.S.S. Intrepid in New York City.
July 19, 2011 (39 KB)
- Mario Gabelli to be Grand Marshal of New York City’s 68th Annual Columbus Day Parade
May 25, 2010 (1663 KB)
- Joseph Plumeri to be Grand Marshal of New York City’s Columbus Day Parade
October 10, 2010 (24 KB)
- Foundation Pledges $500k to Reinstate AP Italian
October 10, 2010 (41 KB)
- Performers, Bands and Red, White and Green on Fifth Avenue in NYC Columbus Day Parade
April 16, 1966 NyTimes: Scholarship Grants Given (15 KB)
- Maria Bartiromo to be Grand Marshal of New York City’s Columbus Day Parade
May 7, 1960 NYTimes: Scholarships Set Up (17 KB)
- Fortune Pope, president of Columbus Citizens Committee presets Francis Cardinal Spellman with $25,000 for 85 graduates of Archdiocese of NY high schools.
May 6, 1959 NYTimes: Gift to Spellman to Help Students (38 KB)
- Fortune Pope, president of NY Archdiocese, presents Cardinal Spellman with scholarship funds for graduates of archdiocese high schools.
May 7, 1957 NYTimes: Generoso Pope Scholarships (15 KB)
- Check presented by Fortune Pope, president of the Columbus Citizens Committee, for graduates in the NY Archdiocese.
May 6, 1956 NYTimes: $20,000 Given for Scholarships (14 KB)
- Controller Lawrence E. Gerosa presents to Cardinal Spellman.
May 11, 1955 NYTimes: Cardinal Gets $20,000 Check (15 KB)
- Justice S. Samuel DiFalco presents to Cardinal Spellman.
June 24, 1954 NYTimes: $20,000 Additional Grated by Columbus Committee (22 KB)
- City Markets Commissioner Anthony Masciarelli presents at NY Diocese Cardinal's residence.
May 24, 1955 NYTimes: 100 Get Scholarships (20 KB)
- Columbus Citizens Committee donates to Archdiocese of New York.
June 2, 1954 NYTimes: $5,000 for Catholic Awards (16 KB)
- Pope Awards Presented at City Hall.
May 28, 1953 NYTimes: Scholarship Funds Presented (12 KB)
- Anthony Pope, VP of Columbus Citizens Committee, presented to Archbishop Thomas E. Molloy of Brooklyn Diocese
May 12, 1953 NYTimes: $20,000 Generoso Pope Grants (14 KB)
- Anthony Pope, VP of Columbus Citizens Committee, presented to Archbishop Thomas E. Molloy of Brooklyn Diocese.
March 4, 1952 NYTimes: 100 Students to be Aided (26 KB)
- Anthony Pope, Vice President of Columbus Citizens Committee, presented Cardinal Spellman with a check for $20,000 for 100 Generoso Pope Memorial Scholarship Awards for needy and deserving graduates. Awarded annually since 1946, the scholarships are intended to help winners through the first semester at college.
Mary 8, 1952 NYTimes: 100 Get Scholarships (18 KB)
- $20,000 in scholarship funds for 100 Generoso Pope Memorial Scholarships
April 8, 1952 NYTimes: $4,000 Given for Scholarships (16 KB)
- 100 public High School seniors received Generoso Pope Memorial Scholarship Awards at a ceremony in City Hall.
May 30, 1951 NYTimes: 55 Scholarships Ready (18 KB)
- Fortune Pope, president of Columbus Citizens Committee, presented Archbishop Thomas E. Molloy of Brooklyn.
May 16, 1951 NYTimes: Pope Memorial Set Up; $11,000 for Scholarship Presented to School Superintende (25 KB)
- Generoso Pope Jr. on behalf of Columbus Citizens Committee presents Cardinal Spellman with check for grants.
April 23, 1950 NYTimes: $10,000 for Scholarships (14 KB)
- Generoso Pope, Jr., president of CCC, presented funds to NYC "to establish fifty-five Generoso Pope Memorial Scholarships." Name of scholarships changed in honor of Generoso Pope, who died on April 28, 1950.
January 31, 1950 NYTimes: $200 Scholarships go to 50 Students (29 KB)
- Pope provides $10,000 to Cardinal Spellman for 50 Christopher Columbus Scholarships for graduates of Roman Catholic parochial high schools in Manhattan and the Bronx.
January 16, 1950 NYTimes: 110 Scholarship of $200 Slated (15 KB)
- Christopher Columbus Scholarship Awards of $200 each were presented to fifty New York high school seniors. Dr. William Jansen, Superintendent of Schools, said, "Each winner has earned his award on his own merits as an individual in a democratic public school. In the bestowing of Christopher Columbus Scholarships, there has never been the slightest consideration of the race, color or religion of any candidate."
January 29, 1949 NYTimes: 50 Students Win $200 Scholarships (54 KB)
- Columbus Citizens Committee will grant scholarships of $200 each to 110 graduates of the city's public and parochial high schools this year.
January 18, 1949 NYTimes: Bishop Gets Scholarship Fund (14 KB)
- Mayor O'Dwyer presents to 28 High School boys and 22 girls.
January 12, 1949 NYTimes: $8,000 for Scholarships (25 KB)
- Pope presents $2,000 check to Thomas E. Molloy, Bishop of Brooklyn.
December 9, 1948 NYTimes: $10,000 for Scholarships Generoso Pope Bestows Gift for Christopher Columb (25 KB)
- "The $8,000 represents part of a $20,000 fund with which the committee has set up 100 scholarships for 1949, thirty-five more than were awarded last year." 50 for public high school students, 40 - those awarded that day - for NY Archdiocese, and 10 for Brooklyn Archdiocese.
July 14, 1948 NYTimes: Gets Scholarship Funds Bishop Molloy Receives Check for Brooklyn Diocese (21 KB)
- Presentation at Columbus Citizens Committee headquarters at 30 Rockefeller Center; a check of $500 was given for the purchase of instruments and equipment for High School bands.
July 10, 1948 NYTimes: Scholarship Fund Presented (15 KB)
- Pope presented Bishop Thomas E. Molloy of Brooklyn funds for 10 scholarships as part of "Christopher Columbus Scholarship Program."
January 12, 1948 NYTimes: Forty to Get Scholarships (12 KB)
- Generoso Pope presented Cardinal Spellman a check to public High School graduates with the cooperation of the Board of Education.
December 20, 1947 NYTimes: 20 Scholarships Offered (14 KB)
- Mayor O'Dwyer will present Columbus Citizens Committee scholarships to 40 High School seniors in City Hall on Jan. 21. "The scholarship awards of $200 each have been made semi-annually since June, 1946."
June 14, 1947 NYTimes: High School Students Receiving Christopher Columbus Scholarships (248 KB)
- Students who participated in 1947 Columbus Day Parade will compete for 20 Columbus Citizens Committee scholarships.
September 25, 2009 (26 KB)
- John E. Wade, Superintendent of School, presented Christopher Columbus Scholarships worth $200 each to 11 June graduates of city high schools yesterday. Awards sponsored by Columbus Citizens Committee, Inc. "were based on scholarship, service and financial need and are good for the freshman year in college."
- The Sights, Sounds and Artistry of Italy in Grand Central Terminal
Veneto: A Bridge Between Venice and New York